Crochet Your Own Cotton Face Scrubbies
Time & Location
About The Event
Cost: £30, including tea and coffee
This project is suitable for anyone who knows the basics of crochet, we will be using dc and tr stitches.
You will need to bring a 4mm crochet hook, yarn needle and cotton yarn (aran weight is best) but don’t worry if you don’t have any yarn, I will have cotton yarn available to buy in the workshop (Scheepjes Cahlista £1.50 for a 50g ball) and you are very welcome to borrow a hook.
How much yarn will you need? Small amounts of different colours is best, my cotton comes in 50g balls but if you have scraps at home they’ll be ideal too.
On this course you will learn:
• To make cotton face scrubbies, the ecological alternative to using throwaway cotton wool pads
• How to crochet in a circle using 2 methods; in a spiral and with a join
• How to make a magic ring to start
• How to fasten off invisibly
• How to make a little pot to put them in
We will break for ½ hour at 1pm for lunch, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch or there are some lovely nearby cafes you could have lunch at (we’re looking into pre-booking arrangements)
Please see Rosemary in Quillies to book your place by paying upfront.
NB: Payments are non-refundable once the course has begun.